Cloud Automation for Everyone
Arista EOS CloudVision simplifies complex time and resource intensive tasks in a turnkey software solution. It is designed to help customers move to a more automated, cloud-like infrastructure.
CloudVision is a broad platform with many different use cases for improved network operations built on the following four principles;
- EOS Network wide services (for a network-wide perspective to operations)
- Single network control point for 3rd party integration (across orchestration tools, overlay controllers and network services)
- Turnkey workflow Automation (for efficient day to day operations)
- Streaming analytics and telemetry for unprecedented visability.
EOS as a Network-Wide Service
With CloudVision the EOS state database model is expanded to a network-wide view with NetDB. This central database abstracts the physical network to enable simpler network-wide automation and visibility.
Complements the Cloud
CloudVision is Arista’s platform for physical network integration with third party services. This includes integration with cloud orchestration platforms such as OpenStack, network overlay controllers such as VMware NSX™ , and network services solutions such as Palo Alto Networks, F5, or ServiceNow. Using open, standards-based APIs such as OVSDB and JSON, CloudVision helps to both simplify and scale this integration through an abstracted network view and a single point of integration.
Workflow monitoring and provisioning is controlled centrally with pre-integrated tool sets for;
- change management
- network-wide upgrades & rollback
- network monitoring
- network virtualization
- visibility services.
CloudVision brings a modern approach to network telemetry and a replacement for legacy polling mechanisms. CloudVision Analytics engines and CloudVision Telemetry Apps take full advantage of the state streaming infrastructure of EOS and NetDB to give Arista customers an unprecedented level of visibility into their network operations.
Arista has pioneered the networking industry with its software defined cloud networking approach built on top of Arista EOS® with the following;
- programmable interfaces
- publish-subscribe state separation
- resilient fault containment and self-healing attributes.
CloudVision extends the same architectural approach across the network with a state-based view of the entire network. This enables customers to move to cloud-class automation without needing significant custom internal development. CloudVision is a network-wide approach for workload orchestration, workflow automation and real-time telemetry as a turnkey solution for Cloud Networking.
CloudVision’s abstraction of the physical network to a broader network-wide perspective allows for a more efficient approach for several operational and network telemetry use-cases, including the following highlights:
- Centralised representation of distributed network state, allowing for a single point of integration and network-wide visibility and analytics
- Controller agnostic support for physical and virtual workload orchestration through open APIs such as OVSDB, JSON and Openstack plugins.
- Turn-key automation for initial and ongoing zero touch provisioning, con
- figuration management and network-wide change management, including automated upgrades, network rollback, and network snapshots.
- Compliance Dashboard for Security, Audit and patch management
- Real-time state streaming for network telemetry and analytics, a modern approach to replace legacy polling per device
- State Repository, Analytics engines and Telemetry Apps to provide an unprecedented level of granularity in real-time monitoring and historic network state for forensic troubleshooting
- Macro-Segmentation Service provides automated and seamless service insertion and integration with partner security platforms
Arista’s customers are trying to orchestrate workflows across their physical and virtual infrastructure. Arista EOS CloudVision is the platform for deeper integration with a broad array of Arista’s ecosystem partner solutions, including VMWare NSXTM, Microsoft Windows Server, EMC Dell, Palo Alto Networks, F5, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Rackspace, and Supermicro.