Arista 7050X Series
The Arista 7050X Series are a range of 1 and 2RU purpose built 10/40GbE switches with wire speed layer 2/3/4 performance combined with low latency and advanced features for software driven cloud networking, big data, cloud, virtualized and traditional deployments. The 7050X Series provide flexible options for scalable two-tier network designs and incorporate traffic control, monitoring and provisioning features that support ease of use.
|Description||Arista 7050X Series of cloud scale fixed configuration leaf and spine switches.|
|Switching Throughput||2.56 Terabits/sec|
|Max Forwarding Rate||1440 Mpps|
|10G Interfaces||Up to 96|
|40G Interfaces||Up to 32|
|Rack Space||1RU and 2RU|
|10GbE Typical Power||1.2W per port|
|Hot Swap Power and Fans||Yes|
High Performance 10/40Gb Ethernet Leaf-Spine
- Dense 10GbE and 40GbE
- Latency from 550ns
- Data Center optimized with reversible airflow
Optimized for DC Designs
- Flexible 10G and 40G options
- 288K MAC and 208K IPv4 Host Routes
- 64 Way Multi-Pathing over L2 and L3
- Resilient ECMP and LAG Hashing
- Power efficient for lower total cost of ownership
Advanced Traffic Control, Provisioning and Monitoring
- LANZ for Microburst Detection
- VXLAN and EOS Network Tracers
- Open Extensibility and Programmability
- Software Driven Cloud Networking
- Smart System Upgrade with Hitless Software Upgrade
- Redundant and hot-swap power and cooling
- Self-healing stateful fault repair (SFR)
- MLAG ISSU
- Data Center optimized with reversible airflow
The 7050X Series enables highly scalable two-tier network designs with MLAG, ECMP and VXLAN technologies.
MLAG Spine – All Active Multipath for Layer 2
- Standards based protocol (LACP)
- Simplified or eliminates Spanning Tree topology
- Simple to understand and easy to engineer traffic
ECMP – All Active Multipath for Layer 3
- Standards based protocol (OSPF, BGP)
- Eliminates L2 for exceptional scalability and fault tolerance
- Exceptional scale with consistent performance in 2 tiers
VXLAN Layer 2 over Layer 3 – Best of Both Worlds
- All active multipath using ECMP (up to 64-way)
- Single L3 network for all applications
- L2 extensions for stateful VM – VM over Layer 3
- Extends L2 with exceptional scalabilty (16M Virtual NWs)
- Cloudburst over public infrastructure
Industry Leading Performance, Power-Efficiency, and High Availability
The Arista 7050SX switches offer wirespeed 10GbE and 40GbE versatility, plus flexibility for connecting servers and storage running:
- Business critical applications
- High performance computing
- Highly virtualized cloud infrastructures
The 7050SX 1RU systems combine 48 host facing SFP+ interfaces with a choice of 10/40GbE options. The QSFP+ and MXP interfaces increase the system density up to 96 10 Gigabit ports or 48 10GbE and 12 40GbE ports. The combinations allow for design flexibility.
For higher density requirements the 7050SX-128 offers 96 10GbE SFP+ interfaces and 8 40GbE QSFP+ interfaces in 2 RU. All systems are ideal for for top of rack or end of row with consistent performance, and high availability.
7050SX2-72Q (48 SFP+ and 6 QSFP+ ports) and 7050SX2-128 (96 SFP+ and 8 QSFP+ ports) provide high-density platforms and deliver line rate VXLAN routing in a single pass.
|Arista 7050SX Switches Model Comparison|
|Total SFP+ Ports||48||48||48||48||48||96||96|
|Total QSFP+ Ports||4||–||6||6||–||8||8|
|Total MXP Ports||–||2||–||–||4||–||–|
|Max 10GbE Interfaces||64||72||72||72||96||96||96|
|Max 40GbE Interfaces||4||6||6||6||12||8||8|
|Typical Power Draw||140W||144W||144W||127W||159W||235W||214W|
Arista 7050TX Series
10GbE at Gigabit Pricing
The Arista 7050TX switches offer triple speed switching of 100Mbps/1GbE/10GbE and backwards compatibility with installed Ethernet cabling and standard RJ-45 connectors. The 7050TX is the ideal switch for:
- Offering the most cost-effective media interfaces (copper)
- Leveraging existing cable plants, reducing installation and wiring costs
- Lower energy costs due to more efficient power and cooling, for greater TCO
The 7050TX 1RU systems combine up to 48 10GBASE-T interfaces with a flexible choice of 10/40GbE uplinks offering variable subscription ratios including 1:1. The wide range of models allows for simple migration from 1G to 10G, reusing existing cabling and either top of rack or end of row based on the requirements.
For higher host density requirements the 7050TX-128 offers a full 96 10GBASE-T interfaces supporting 100M/1G/10G rates and 8 40GbE QSFP+ interfaces in a compact 2RU footprint.
The increased performance, features and density ensures two-tier designs based on MLAG and ECMP that are scalable, power efficient and proven EOS reliability.
7050TX2-128 provides 98 10GBASE-T interfaces supporting 100M/1G/10G rates and 8 40GbE QSFP+ interfaces and delivers line rate VXLAN routing in a single pass.
|Arista 7050TX Series Switches Model Comparison|
|Total 10GBASE-T Ports||32||48||48||48||48||96||96|
|Total QSFP+ Ports||4||4||–||6||–||8||8|
|Total MXP Ports||–||–||2||–||4||–||–|
|Max 10GbE Interfaces||48||64||72||72||96||96||96|
|Max 40GbE Interfaces||4||4||6||6||12||8||8|
|Typical Power Draw||305W||315W||349W||340W||355W||507W||485W|
40 GbE Spine Solutions: The New Standard in Data Center Networks
The Arista 1RU 7050QX switches deliver line rate 40GbE performance, offering the lowest latency 32x40 Gbps switch in the world. The 7050QX is the ideal switch for:
- Scaling uplink bandwidth between data center leaf switches
- Ultra-high density 40GbE switching in a compact fixed form-factor structures
- Purpose-built spine aggregation switching (2.56 Tbps switching capacity)
The 7050QX can be deployed as an all 40GbE system or as a combination of 10GbE leaf ports and 40GbE spine ports within the same chassis. Power efficient, compact footprint, flexible table sizes and EOS innovations like SSU and MLAG make the 7050QX ideal for leaf and spine as well as scale-out ECMP designs. The 7050QX-32S offers 4 SFP+ ports that allow for 1/10G connections increasing the deployment options.
7050QX2-32S offers high-density, power efficient 40G connectivity with line rate VXLAN routing capability in a single pass.
|7050QX Switches Model Comparison|
|Total SFP+ Ports||0||4||4|
|Total QSFP+ Ports||32||32||32|
|Max 10GbE Interfaces||96||96||96|
|Max 40GbE Interfaces||32||32||32|
|Typical Power Draw||162W (5W Per Port)||150W (4.5W per port)||129W (4W per port)|