The World’s Most Advanced Network Operating System
Arista EOS® is the core of Arista cloud networking solutions for next-generation data centers and cloud networks. Cloud architectures built with Arista EOS scale to tens of thousands of compute and storage nodes with management and provisioning capabilities that work at scale. Through its programmability, EOS enables a set of software applications that deliver workflow automation, high availability, unprecedented network visibility and analytics and rapid integration with a wide range of third-party applications for virtualization, management, automation and orchestration services.
Arista Extensible Operating System (EOS) is a fully programmable and highly modular, Linux-based network operation system, using familiar industry standard CLI and runs a single binary software image across the Arista switching family. Architected for resiliency and programmability, EOS has a unique multi-process state sharing architecture that separates state information and packet forwarding from protocol processing and application logic.
Cloud Scale Architecture
- Scale to your needs, from 100 to 100,000+ compute and storage nodes
- Resilient and proven software operating system based on the SysDB publish / subscribe state sharing foundation and evolving to NetDB for a network-wide software infrastructure for centralizing and streaming network state for improved visibility analytics.
- Open, standards-based design approach with MLAG at Layer 2, ECMP at Layer 3 with effective use of all available bandwidth in non-blocking modes while providing failover and resiliency.
- Network virtualization using overlay technologies such as VXLAN for seamless workload mobility.
- Innovative Spline™ architecture for high density hosts in a single-tier or two-tier network.
Open and Programmable
- Offering numerous programmability options Arista EOS enables programmatic control of the network.
- Open source Go, Python and Ruby based object models
- Native Go and Python on box scripting
- Develop native high performance applications using EOS SDK
- Native Linux APIs and scriptingich, well-structured set of APIs, including:
- Tight dev-ops integrations with Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- eAPI JSON based RPC, providing REST-like interface using native CLI commands
- Reduce maintenance windows with Arista Smart System Upgrade (SSU) reduces maintenance windows through intelligent insertion and removal of network elements
- Live patching and upgrade of individual processes within EOS during normal switch operation
- Self-healing resiliency for minimum downtime with fault containment to a single module and process restart without the need to rebuild state information
- Custom monitoring, failover and load balancing with third-party integration for custom monitoring, failover and load balancing
- Unprecedented visibility into application performance and network-wide monitoring capabilities for both industry standards and customer specific DevOps solutions
- Simplified Tap Aggregation with the Arista Data Analyzer (DANZ) feature set
- Rapid identification and troubleshooting of application and network performance problems through tracers such as VM Tracer, Latency Analyzer (LANZ), MapReduce Tracer, Path Tracer, Health Tracer, Container Tracer, and also sFlow monitoring.
- CloudVision platform for automating the workflows of network operations tasks through the portal
- CloudVision for simplified and scalable integration of the physical network with solutions from the Arista EcoSystem partners, including VMware, OpenStack, Palo Alto Networks, Microsoft, and many others.
- Simplified provisioning for new and replacement switches with Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) and Zero Touch Replacement (ZTR)
- Advanced Event Management for automated responses to network and application events
- Automate complex IT workflows and simplify network operations to individual requirements through rich programmatic capabilities
- Automation Integration with partners enhance native capabilities with tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible and extends automation up the stack to include other network systems and applications including firewalls, load balancers and compute infrastructures with partners such as F5 and VMware.
Flexible Consumption Models
- Arista EOS as a Subscription (EaaS) service offers customers a way to better balance their CapEx and Opex budgets.